Umsonti aims to work with communities and people in a way that promotes integrity, self-reliance, respect, honesty, hard work, and is creative, innovative and socially conscious.
To address poverty and create jobs by developing sustainable forestry and related businesses, through:
- supporting the development of new forestry businesses;
- application of sound forestry and business practices to optimize returns to communities from these businesses;
- assisting to source development finance in the form of grants and loans;
- developing capacity for operational and financial management through selection, development and mentoring of members from within communities;
- assisting communities to identify and develop other projects and businesses.